9 Tips for Shooting a Quality Video on Your Phone
In today’s world, more and more people are becoming in-the-moment brand videographers and citizen journalists. When you pick up you phone to film, these 9 basic tips help you create a quality video:
- Clean your lens before recording.
- The closer you are to what you are recording, the better the sound.
- Hold your phone horizontally.
- No one likes a shaky cam, so steady your device.
- Check your settings. We recommend 1080p at 24 frames per second.
- Take a moment to compose your picture, before you shoot. Remember, what you see is what you get.
- Observe lighting conditions. Look for odd shadows, and avoid backlit settings. For example, do not record someone standing in front of a window.
- Check on available storage space, since shooting video involves large files.
- Embrace your inner Steven Spielberg and have fun!
Whether you are just starting out using video as a storytelling tool or have already used the medium for marketing, the more you do it, the better your videos will become. Remember, the most important thing is to have fun!